Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Sleeping Beauty, PB&J, and smiles:)

So I'm no writer by any means, but this title is what came to mind when I went to get DD from her nap.

When we decided I would stay home with the girls I knew I would love it, but I knew it would be work also. I knew that I would need to make sure I taught my girls life lessons, that I would need to make sure they were learning, and that we would need to have lots of FUN:) I also knew I would have tender, sweet, ordinary moments that would stick with me and them forever!

So today's ordinary moment was going to get my toddler from her crib. I do this everyday, twice a day, but today touched me differently. She took a 3 hour nap (longer than she normally does, but she didn't have a morning nap) so part of me missed her running around because she slept for so long. When I went to get her I was ready!!! Ready to see her smile, ready to see her reach for me, and ready to feel her little hand pat me on the back as I walked her down the stairs to get her PB&J sandwich and chocolate milk.

Today, as I made her sandwich I felt like I was back in my master's degree program training to be a school counselor. I FELT the importance of staying at home with my children. It's not that I didn't think it was important before today, but I FELT it today and it was strong and I wanted to document this moment. I wanted to post this here and shout to the world that I LOVE BEING A SAHM!!!


Yes, she's in the drawer. She's climbing in EVERYTHING now!!!



Now for the smiles part of this post:



I love these girls!!!

4 comments:

  1. isn't that a great feeling. i have those moments as well. those moments are especially important after you've had a bad day with the kids and wonder why you do stay at home with them! :) you're doing great!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww. I love those moments too. Finley is now sitting when I get him from his nap and it just brings the biggest smile to my face and his. He is like look what I can do mom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet post. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete