Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Seeing the squares




How do you guys plan your lives?  I LOVE seeing the squares on a paper calendar.  Now don't get me wrong, I'm not sure what I would do if my smart phone did not "beep" at me reminding me of certain things.  However, when it comes down to it there's nothing like the awesomeness of putting the pencil to the calendar and planning something...anything!  I know I'm a nerd, but I don't care:).  The tricky thing about planning though, is you have to know when to let it go.  For instance, I have our entire preschool plan ready to go for next year but I am completely OK with the school day taking on it's own vision.  As long as we have a blueprint, I'm good.  I feel the same way about meal planning and unfortunately I believed this a little too much when it came to the cleaning schedule this year.  

So, the plan is to execute preschool (officially twice a week), a meal plan, and the cleaning schedule everyday.  The trick is to know that the desire is great just as long as the schedule doesn't become an obsession.  I like a "lived in" home, but that good 'ole fashioned straightened up house that my Grandma believed in and STILL delivers on every time you walk into her home IS my desire.  I.  Can.  Do.  This.  

It really makes a for a calm day and fun times!

How do you guys like to plan?  Is it in your head, on paper, on an excel spreadsheet?  Please share:).

No comments:

Post a Comment