Monday, May 1, 2017

Welcome and Mom "School"

Welcome guys!!!  I'm going to jump into this blogging thing and skip all the...sorry I've been MIA stuff...ha!  So much has happened in our lives since the last time I was here and I'm happy to say that while it has been very up and down, the one thing that has remained constant is our family love and commitment to homeschooling.  So some housekeeping...I'm on Facebook at Passionate Learning- Homeschool/Unschooling (clarification...I'm somewhere between relaxed and unschool).  I'm also on Instagram @passionatelearningnc as well.  I'll post my blog posts on Facebook and go live as well so you can get a better "feel" for my personality!  

Ok, enough with the housekeeping.  Let's get to the first topic...mom "schooling."  I hesitate to call it school, but I will waste time and not share if I waited for the perfect wording for everything. So, mom school is my effort to be the example to my children of life long learning and to be dedicated to self-care.  I'm pregnant with our 4th little girl and the first 4 months we're hard...really hard.  During this time, I pulled back from everything I could and did a lot of reflecting and I decided I would commit to take care of me and mom schooling was the answer.  So, what does that look like for me?  I've selected 6 books to finish this year, I've made a personal scripture plan for myself, and I've recommitted to my fitness goals.  Within these three areas there is time for me to be me everyday and it feels amazing!  The icing on the cake is that it shows my girls that although I love the season of giving a lot to them I have to fill my tank as well.  I know that this example will serve them tremendously in their lives as well.  I've already been nourished by my efforts and I'm so grateful the Lord saw fit to really show me the way in this area of my life.

Toodles,
Erika:)

No comments:

Post a Comment